Several times this past week, I have had the urge to sit down and write a long, venting blog post about things I have been frustrated by this week. I'm glad I didn't. :) Sometimes looking back on things, you realize they aren't such a big deal as you thought they were. Regardless, I do want to just write about what's been going on in our lives the last week or 2. :)
- Our first anniversary is this week :) <3 I am excited to celebrate the year of love/marriage that God has blessed us with. So many changes have happened this year, and so many still to come...but God is faithful! He is with us, and will help us. I am very very thankful for this, as I feel incredibly inadequate many times as a wife, and with the other roles God has placed in my life. I pray this next year that we will continue to grow closer to Him and to each other. One thing I have learned this year, is not to be too busy for each other! Other "things" that we enjoy doing can never replace lost time with ones you love. I learned this the hard way for about 3 months of our marriage, early this year. I hope this next year, I can slow down and make wiser choices for the good of our marriage. We plan to celebrate this weekend by spending Sunday/Monday in Cincinnati - in a beautiful, romantic hotel that we stayed for our wedding night. I can't wait! I'm also pretty much excited to eat our wedding cake....I only got 1 bite at the wedding, (the HUGE one he stuffed in my mouth, so big that I could hardly taste it, much less, enjoy...) And I heard it was amazzzzing :) (actually, I know it was amazing, as I almost died eating the samples at our cake tasting..hehe...) Anyways, we also started the celebration a little early last night, going to a Japanese steakhouse (I had coupons that made it much more reasonable than usual!!! exciting!) Oh it was good, and we had so much fun! It's so much fun being married to your best friend!!!!
- I have been struggling the last few weeks with spiritual apathy/lukewarm-ness. There is not a worse place to be in your walk with Christ. I know partly this has to do with the fact that I have only been to church once out of the past 5 Sundays....due to me being very sick the last few weeks. I hate hate hate hate missing church, and I miss our fellowship/encouragement/learning very much. I also haven't had hardly any contact with friends...and isolation, I've learned, is a brewing ground for trouble in your walk with Christ. We need each other, as believers!!! But none of this is an excuse for my lack of time in the Word either. All of these together make a dangerous combination. In all honesty, sometimes when you're "far away", it feels impossible to just go back to where you want/need to be. It's like being in a desert, and seeing the green pastures in the far distance...and wondering if you'll ever "get there". But with our God, it's not like that. I've been thinking/meditating on the verse - "draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." Is it that easy?? Well, think about the prodigal son...he went from fellowship with pigs right back into the open arms of his Father. His father ran to him, embraced him in his filth. I love love love that picture. It brings tears to my eyes. Because THAT'S how our God and Abba Father is!! He is ever willing to forgive! Last night, my heart was just softened reading in the gospel of John, the words of our Savior. Remembering His love, His perfection, His perfect obedience to the Father...wow, it washed me anew with love for Him! I want God to continue to work in my heart, in obedience to Him, to become more like Him. I really am such a terrible, ugly sinner. He is a beautiful Savior.
- continuing in my "honest" talk here, I have to mention, in part, the frustration of these last 2 weeks. Chris and I have both found ourselves frustrated due to the trend of curiosity that we have found hurled our way. That sounds so harsh, and maybe I'm just ultra sensitive right now? But so so so many people have been asking personal questions, digging in areas that we don't want to talk about yet! I guess what bothers me more about that is not the asking questions one on one, but asking pointed questions in a GROUP setting, where it puts us in a really awkward, bad position...as, I'm not okay lying to their face, but I'm also terrible at "brushing things off" smoothly. I wish that people could keep their curiosity to themselves, and wait to let us share something if it needs/wants to be shared! Can I also plug in a quick facebook vent? There have been several instances, within the past year, where BIG things have been found out on facebook by family members due to other people hastily putting a comment on facebook, BEFORE we had the chance to tell them ourselves. Like, death's in family..illnesses, injury, engagement...etc! My sister found out my grandpa died on facebook due to someone putting a hasty comment the minute they found out (she hadn't been able to be reached that morning by my mom..) This is NOT okay with me!! And that's why I am so frustrated by people asking and probing about things....let us talk to people when we need to talk to people!! If we have something to tell, we will tell, okay? Can we share our own news, when we want to share it, if there is any news even to share??? **** disclaimer***I know there is a line between being nosy, and asking because you genuinely care and are concerned...**** However, suspicions do not always need to be voiced, and when they are..privately is a good way to do so!!! okay, i'm getting off my soap box....:)
- In other news, I have been LOVING giving piano lessons!!!!! My goodness, why haven't I been doing this for the past 5 years??? It is a wonderful thing to be doing something you LOVE to do!!!!
- Football season/fall is almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE fall!!! and I LOVE football!!!
- I watched Anne of Green Gables - all 12 hours of them - this past week. Can I just say, I love this series??? I did find myself frustrated, as I am every time I watch (the last movie in particular) with Anne. Well, let's go back to the 2nd movie, when she turns down Gilbert...my heart literally cringes when she does this! How could anyone turn down Gil?? He is so...good! My second frustration with her, is that after she finally MARRIES him, she still finds herself saying things like, " I'll always think of him (the baby) as 'ours' " (to another man) ...and "we're a makeshift family, Fred...maybe this is all the family we will ever know" (even though Fred is anticipating returning to his wife, and Anne is searching for her husband) I understand that Anne is dedicated in going to the battleground in searching for Gil, and their reunion is quite touching...but why tinge it with those moments/comments with the other men?? If she is so devoted, why would she even think those things??? I don't know...this is a silly rambling thought...but it did bother me. :)
Okay thats about all that's been going on in this little brain of mine :) More news later!
No comments:
Post a Comment