Tuesday, September 28, 2010

back on track...

SO...
I would title the last 2 months of my life as "lazy, sick, bla". Mostly sick, but the thing that has bothered me the most is the lazy part. UGH. Getting nothing done sucks. Having no energy to do anything sucks.

But that chapter is behind me, for the most part. I have so many ideas, projects, goals and things I want to start working on again!!! I am so excited!!!
Here is an idea of some of these things:

- Couponing again. My grocery/out to eat budget has probably at least quadrupled in these past few months..it's disheartening. I want to start getting bargains again, stockpiling, and saving.

- Cooking! I heart cooking. But lately our meals have consisted of frozen dinners and mac&cheese (my poor husband). Food still isn't something that makes my heart happy like it used to..but ... yeah.. i'm sure it will come.

- Decorating!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh goodness, the possibilities. My house doesn't feel quite like a home yet. I haven't made it warm, personal and inviting..there's nothing on the walls, no decorative little touches...I have so many little projects to work on. Unfortunately, this takes $$$$, of which we are slightly lacking right now. But I have some small ideas to start with... finding some cheap fabric to make pillow covers, chair covers with.. reupholstering the dining room chairs, getting some pictures developed and hanging them up, finding some cheap seasonal things to put up for fall/thanksgiving (it IS my fav. time of year...I wanted to spend about $50 on fall decorations today, but I restrained myself...)

- Preparing.. We are going to be parents in about 7 months. I still can't believe this, it is very unreal!! A huge life change. I want to be ready to cherish and nurture the heart and soul of this child that is as we speak growing within me. I want to be a woman who is wrapped up in Christ, so to be a living example of what it looks like to walk in a love relationship with God that my child can see and learn from. I want to talk to other parents, get advise and learn from them!! The things that are swirling around in my head aren't "what are we going to name it , what will the nursery look like, will it be a boy or a girl...?" no. The questions and issues on my heart are more like.."God, I feel so inadequete..such a huge responsibility. Help us!!!! "..

- Brainstorming!! Along with this new addition comes huge financial responsibility, as well as the challenge/blessing of me hopefully staying home as a mother (not working any more. I am a little overwhelmed with this..and want to start finding ways to earn money from the home, save, and be as frugal as possible.

Oh there's more...but that's just a few things that I want to work on :) Let the fun begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment