Wednesday, October 20, 2010

todays thoughts...

The last few days have been filled with some moments of incredible joy, and equally incredible pain. Friday, I got to see my baby for the first time. This moment was shared with sweet family members, including my grandma, mom and sister, and Chris' grandma, mom and sister. It was so precious and wonderful to watch our baby move, kick, suck his thumb..and see his face, which already looks so much like Christopher. I didn't know it at the time, but this would be the only time that my sweet grandma eddy would lay eyes on our baby..and this would be the last time that I would talk with her. Tears are coming to my eyes as I write those words, because it's still so unreal. She was so excited that night to see our baby...that the next day, she went out and bought him a beautiful coverlet for his crib and matching diaper bag.

The Lord took her home yesterday, after a very massive blood clot in her brain burst, causing her to go into cardiac arrest. We said our goodbye's on Monday evening. She is with Jesus now, and having a joyous reunion with her husband - who just went to be with Jesus in February.

I wish I could be there too. I can't wait for that precious day, and am so thankful that Grandma Eddy is experiencing the sweet presence of Jesus right now. I can just see her with her beautiful smile, scurrying about greeting all the people she knows there...giving them hugs, laughing and being as beautiful and sweet as she was here. It brings a smile to my face. It also reminds me again of the uncertainty of life: we never know when the Lord might take us home to be with Him. I want to be ready, living my life in service to Him each day, just like grandma eddy was.

I am thankful for her legacy..I am thankful for the impact she had on my life. And most of all, I am thankful that we have the peace that she is now with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment