Tuesday, June 8, 2010

it's the little things....

This morning as I was driving to work, I was thinking about some of the "little" things that happened this past week(ish) that were just special, even though they weren't "big" things. Memories that shouldn't be forgotten, yet a lot of days I don't think twice about all the blessings God has given me in that day. So I am going to reminisce for a moment and write some of these special and fun memories down before I forget :)

- Friday night I got the wonderful idea that painting my cabinets white would be a great idea. My lil sis, Katie, spent the night with me, and we spent hours talking, laughing and painting. I love her so much! And even though my cabinets are not perfect (yet) :) I am so glad I had the chance to spend time with her!
- I took my first hot shower after a week of no hot water. It was wonderful!! Although, I must say, getting to work early was a benefit of taking 30 second showers :)
- Sunday, Chris found a sticky little froggy thing...I honestly have no clue where he found it, because I had never seen it before, but he said he had been wanting to give it to me for awhile. hehe :) I actually do LOVE those things..lol.. it reminds me of the days that my sister and I used to throw them on the ceiling and wait for them to fall off.... oh wait, it reminds me of that same night that Chris gave me froggy, because we did the exact same thing...except it was better, because my hubby loves hitting things with those huge rubber bands. So what did we do? Have a contest who could get froggy to stay on the ceiling the longest (in our 2 story stairway entrance thing) Chris won. In fact, I was afraid for awhile that froggy would never come down, so Chris pulled out his HUGE stash of rubber bands, and started aiming at froggy, who was plastered to the ceiling. It was a battle, as froggy absorbed every hit with firm resolve ( the rubber bands all stuck to froggy) So I was dyyying laughing, as I watched this sticky frog stuck to my ceiling with about 10 rubber bands hanging off of him. oooohhh dear. We are still little kids at heart :) Well, Chris finally won...and now froggy is sitting (rubber bands still attached and all) next to our bed. I smile every time I see it :)
- Sunday, I also had a pretty much embarrassing moment at small groups. During the prayer time, one of the ladies asked me if we had moved and how that went. I told her we were all moved in, but not really settled yet, as we are still finishing up painting and fixing things, so our furniture is all stuffed in one of the rooms we don't use. But, "we've got our bed, and that's all we really need", I finished with a smile. ummmm yeah, didn't realize how that sounded until after it came out of my mouth, and it wasn't til I started getting some snickers that I realized what I had said. Well, after my face turned about 10 shades darker of red, I started just getting really stupid, and while I was laughing, I also started like kind of crying at the same time. so dumb. I hate it when that happens, cuz that makes it even more embarrassing! Well, I got over it...and then later, as I was sharing a prayer request, I just started bawling. I promise, I am not overly emotional. I mean, i have my moments, don't get me wrong, but usually it is only about 1 or 2 days out of the month when my emotions feel uncontrollable. (which was the case Sunday, as well as the last time my small group met, which was exactly 4 weeks before, when I was also quite emotional) sigh... Anyways, I tried to just escape out of there before anyone could see my red, swollen face. It didn't work. But my sweet husband made the rest of the evening wonderful...he brought me home Panda express and Chipotle, 2 of my favorites, and we watched Chicken Little...(which is pretty much my favorite animated movie..it is soooooooooo funny :) I am blessed to have such a sweet husband! And I am also glad that God uses things to humble us...which was Sunday night for me. I needed an opportunity to see how prideful I really am.
- Last night, Chris was golfing for most of the evening, so I took the opportunity to lay down and read a whole book. ooh, it was wonderful. :) Later, I went out to start weeding our garden, because it was just perfect weather yesterday...in the mid 70's and not humid, my favorite. Anyways, our garden is like a jungle. Some of the weeds were seriously up to my waste. I brought my dog, Todd, outside with me, and started pulling. To my amusement, Todd loved pulling weeds. As I pulled each weed out and tossed it to the side, he thought it was me trying to play catch with him, and so he would catch the weeds in his mouth. Or, if he couldn't catch them, he would run over to where I had thrown it and bring it back to me. soo cute :)
- I played the piano for the first time in over a month on Saturday, at my in laws house. it was sweet and refreshing to my heart...I love music, I love expressing my emotion and heart through playing. I am so thankful for the love and ability He has given, and want to use it more to His glory.

T
here were more that I thought of earlier..but I should probably stop and get back to work. :) God is good. He gives blessings each day that I too often don't stop and thank Him for (or even realize) I love Him and am thankful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment