Thursday, December 23, 2010

today..

Today:

Positives:
- got out of work early (a whole 30 minutes, wooo hoo!)
- hubby found my favorite christmas CD that I have been looking for all month..!! and i'm listening to it right now :) (chris tomlin, glory in the highest)
- got grocery shopping done without anyone killing me. (I did get a really nasty look from a lady when I accidentally hit her behind with my cart. haha!! What can I say, she was bending over in front of the milk door for like 5 minutes!! I thought she had moved, but....no...)
- I had a really good, refreshing cry. This is a positive, you ask?? Yes. It felt so good. It was one of those things I had to just do, and then get on with my day. It worked.
- my sweet hubby bought me flowers. oh. my. goodness. nothing can make my day more than getting flowers, unexpectedly!! And they were beautiful, christmasy flowers that smell really really good. Oh he is so sweet!
- started a long weekend with pizza and a movie with my love. I needed this. It was wonderful. :)
- I laughed until I cried today. (this is kind of ironic...ie, above post about crying) This also felt SO good. :) Chris and I were both laughing til our sides hurt. :) How often does this happen for me?? Not enough...
- I talked to my sister today on the phone, and so thankful that they got to Illinois for christmas safely.
- I don't have to work tomorrow. !!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm going to the spa tomorrow morning. And it's christmas eve tomorrow!!! so many good things!!
- baby was moving ALL DAY...! My goodness, he was dancing, squriming, kicking..who knows what else? I felt him all day, and this makes me smile.

Not as positive things about today:

- I was having sharp side pains and cramp like feelings all day..made me a little nervous, and just wanted to lay down allll day. Pretty sure they were just round ligament pains, but also feeling some contractions of my uterus as well... again, nothing consistent, braxon hicks prob. But ugh, not fun!! Praying baby can continue to develop and grow w/o any interference.
- I was really really missing some friends today. Just wanted a long conversation, walk and encouragment session. Why do all of my besties have to live so far away??
- I said something really stupid and insensitive to my husband pretty much as soon as I walked in the door today. Ugh..I hated myself for that! Why can't I be more careful about what I say?
- Missing my family for Christmas..so much! I'm not at all really excited about Christmas this year..Idk why.. i love christmas. I told myself it's maybe cuz i've gotten all my gifts already? that just makes it boring. but since the point of christmas isn't gifts, or at least it shouldn't be, ....??? Idk, again, I'm missing my family, wondering if we made a mistake by the way we mapped out our holidays this year/????(wondering if i'll have another chance to see my grandma for christmas - maybe we should've done thanksgiving with chris', christmas with my family instead?? idk.. I'm just missing them a bunch right now)

Well, enough reflections on my day. Looking forward to tomorrow, and all it brings. God is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment