Thursday, December 30, 2010

on my mind tonight....

Stuff on my mind at the current moment:

- feeling my baby kick, wiggle and move makes me smile.
- what doesn't make me smile is feeling like a rhino.... or hippo...or elephant. Those are the animals that come to mind when I look in the mirror as of late. I know, I know...whenever I say something to that nature, my mom always tells me "just you wait". Yes. there are 3 more months of growing to do. But for some reason, the weight gain has come so fast and so suddenly, it's making me rather self conscious. Like, really...seeing the scale move up 3 lbs in one week is NOT fun. not fun at all.
- The previous thought has caused me to take on a new challenge: pregnancy pilates!!! Oh this is a blast! (...note the sarcasm..please?) I don't know if they are doing anything, but this is the first time ..well.. probably in the whole year of 2010 that I have exercised consistently..(like, more than 3 times a week, for more than one week..haha) I wish it made me feel better! But - the thing that motivates me more than anything on this is the thought of childbirth. and the knowledge that my lifelong weakness has been the inability to do situps, as I have nonexistant ab muscles. which means pushing a baby out might never happen. Which has prompted the pilates. We'll see if they help! lol...
- I am very, very hungry. I'm always hungry. I could eat a cow and I'd still be hungry. sigh.
- Enough with the thoughts about pregnancy.
- On to a point about the irony of life: Chris has been working third shift for a year and a half now, meanwhile looking for other jobs, requesting his shift to be moved, etc. Well, after interviewing for another position within his company, his boss got serious about giving him what he wanted to keep him there, and has proceeded to offer him a first shift position. Unfortunatly, this is a Sunday -Thursday shift, which means he would never be able to go to church with me on Sundays. This wsasn't okay with us, and so he had to turn it down. sigh!!! So so so frustrating. Although, it wasn't really even a consideration for us, it's still so hard to know why God has you places, or does things the way he does! I know I need to learn a deeper dependance and trust in Him, and He's going to keep giving me opportunities to learn, I know that for sure!!!
- I am SO thankful for God's protection today!!! I could've been in a really bad car accident, and I still have no idea how my car stopped in time..really have no clue! Some guy pulled out right in front of me as I was exiting the freeway, going at least 50 mph. ugh. I slammed on my breaks, and winced, expecting an impact, as he turned pretty close to me. Except the impact never happened, and I ended up about an inch from his truck. God is so good! I know He protected me and our baby, as it could've easily hurt the baby, and even financially - we can't afford for our insurance to go up, or have to pay the deductable for car work (even though it wouldn't have been my fault!) I am so so so sosoooooo thankful and just amazed!

Enough rambling for one night.... Looking forward to another day off work tomorrow, and time spent with family and friends this weekend!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment