Tuesday, July 20, 2010

random discoveries about myself...

Do you ever surprise yourself by realizing that you liked something you never thought you would? Or you didn't like something you always thought you had??? I have had a few of these realizations lately..

First of all, for many years I have been refusing my husband (then boyfriend) in watching the 'Lord of the Rings' series, "knowing" that I didn't like it, after attempting to get thru the first one many years ago. Well, I was quite surprised, when we sat down to start the movies, and I watched all 3, extended edition movies, in less than 24 hours, that I really liked them!!! In fact, I was the one that kept putting the movies in..and have found myself pondering their story line for the last 2 days... who would have thought? I even had dreams about disappearing...

Second, I've realized that salad is not evil! it is quite good and refreshing..especially when you find dressings you heart. This year has been the first year I have embraced the salad, because before now I had thought that I didn't like dressings...so, as you know, a dry salad is quite dull and gross. Oh, but the possibilities of salad dressing!!!

Third.... gardening. enough said. Today I ventured out and bought some plants for my newly de-weeded patch of dirt. I am ridiculously excited about putting these beauties into the earth, and watching them thrive (hopefully). However, I am quite a baby when it comes to bugs. Yesterday, I was weeding up a storm, and I had several roaches, a toad, spiders, and those small crawly ones (whatever they are called) crawl out of hiding and wayyy too close to my flesh. I even screamed once, and I don't really believe in screaming unless absolutely necessary! (this was when the toad popped out behind the rock to greet me...scared the wits out of me!)

Fourth, water with lime is SO much better than water with lemon! I am trying desperately to curb my very intense cravings of sweet tea, and so I have vowed only to drink water. Well, the truth is, I don't really like water that much. It is bland. dull. I mean, its amazing after a long hot day of intense work. But I will be honest... my days aren't really filled with long, hot intense work! Mine are filled with long, boring, cool days inside sitting on a chair and staring at this screen! (and listening to constant Michael buble..but thats beside the point..) So back to my very pointless point... discovering my newfound love of lime has made water so much more enjoyable. And I am on day 4 with out sweet tea. We'll see how long that lasts....

No comments:

Post a Comment