This morning, I find myself incredibly irritated. And no worries, I am not about to spout out a bunch of slander about other people...the single source of my irritation is myself.
Venting helps. so here goes.....
In the past week, I have either forgotten my purse at home, or left it at families house FOUR times!!! Do you know what havoc this puts on your schedule? Let me explain: Say, for instance, I was planning on going to the library, to the grocery, to the music store on my lunch break? (which I was, in case you didn't get the hint) Well, now all of my plans are thwarted, as I have no license, no $$$ and no library card! oh AND no cell phone! This, my friends, is very frustrating!
Sunday, I did one of the most idiotic things I have done in awhile. Okay, actually, let's start with Saturday night. Saturday, I spent my entire day away from the house..(which was fine, I spent time with family, friends.. it was great!) Well, the only bad thing about this, was that I was planning on having my family and my grandma (who I hadn't seen in a year, and who had never seen my house before) over for lunch on Sunday. And Saturday was the day that I was supposed to clean and make the lasagna for them. Well, didn't get home until 10:30pm on Sat.... so that is when I started the cooking, cleaning, etc. I was working until 2am, and didn't get to sleep until 3:30 am. This was my first of the idiotic moves. So, my hubby gets up at 9 and asks if I'm going to Sunday school. I groaned, rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. He left. But I couldn't go back to sleep, and so I got up and started getting ready to go to the morning service . I decided to straighten a few things around the house first thing, and one of those little chores included taking out the trash. I pranced right out the front door, closed the door behind me, dumped the trash, and returned to find the door locked. (we have one of those annoying ones that you can open it from the inside when it's still locked, but not the outside, so sometimes you forget to unlatch the door lock ) Well, after checking the back door and all the windows, I realized that I was locked out until my husband came home from church. It wasn't even 10am yet, and he wouldn't get back until 1pm. I was having company over. My house wasn't clean yet, and i was still in my pjs, with no way to get ahold of anyone, and basically nothing to do. Well, I found some gardening work to do, and worked for 2 hours straight weeding and other random things. Oh, and other side note, it had just finished POURING rain right before i went outside, so I was working in MUD!! By the time I stopped, I was covered in dirt, exhausted, dehydrated, sweaty and looked sooo dejected. My sister pulled up and basically just stared at me with a very confused look, as she took in my dirt covered Pjs, messed up hair and "fallen" expression. Well, to make my already too long story short (er), let's just say that the hubs came home around 1, i had time to take a quick shower and stick the lasagna in the oven before my family got there. By this time I was tired, sore and very irritated. We had a good time, but it was frustrating b/c I really really wanted to go to church. And wanted to be relaxed to spend time with the fam. .....sooo yeah...
Bad choice #3: Yesterday (monday) I decided to work out, via the lawn mower. This morning my nose (aka allergies) won't forgive me for that choice. Why didn't I just go to the gym?
sigh...and irritation #4??? I know this post isn't exactly a good thing ... I'm being convicted about the verse "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, thing about such things"...and how about the one "in everything give thanks??"
Yes, I am not "aiming to please Him" right now with my attitude, as my blog says that I am. Yes, things happen that aren't in our schedule, plan or what we think is good for us. But I need to stop complaining!!!! I feel like pig pen, just letting off a cloud of dirt. Or better yet, Eeyore ... with a rain cloud over my head.
God is good all the time! Now, to start living that!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment