It's a new year...!!!! I have to say, I'm pretty excited. I'm ready to put the last year behind me, and look forward to a new one. Last year had it's share of excitement, heartache, mistakes and joy...but I can look back and say that God is good, and I want to continue to grow in Him this year!
Here's a recap of this past year:
Winter Months - started my 2nd quarter at OSU, working full time as well, and planning my wedding like crazy!! My grandpa was told his cancer had returned, but he was fighting hard, doing an experimental treatment study at OSU, wanting badly to be at my wedding. Chris was working hard on his senior project...so we didn't see each other a ton...I got accepted into the special education program at OSU, which was exciting as it was highly competitive.
Spring Months - Spring was a challenge. My grandpa was told the treatment was not working, and passed away in April. During this time, I lost my focus on Christ and on my studies. The result wasn't good. I quit my classes with only 2 weeks remaining, having maintained relatively good grades thus far. I decided to quit school, and have regretted that decision in those hard few weeks. After my grandpa died, we were very busy in the remaining weeks moving my grandma out of her house in the country, into her house in Illinois. Wedding planning continued....
Summer Months - Chris graduated in June from DeVry!! He started his summer long job search.. My dear friend, Bekah, got married in June, as well..and I had the priviledge of being part of her wedding! I remember these months being very uncertain. Chris didn't have a job set up until just weeks before our wedding. We didn't know where God would have us..but it was neat to wait upon Him, and see how He provided!
Fall Months - Chris and I got married!!!!! These past few months have been the best of my life! I have LOVED being married to my best friend! We had a great honeymoon in TN, and came back to Chris starting his new job! It wasn't exactly what we would have picked, as he works third shift, but God has been faithful to provide for us! We got settled into our new apartment, bought our first car..worked thru budget and all that fun stuff...and now, are even considering getting a dog! It has been a ride, for sure.. but a fun one of learning about my husband, and enjoying the time I get to spend with him!
These months also had sorrow...2 dear people that we loved passed away in these fall months...One of them being Chris' cousin. We would have never dreamed that would happen in this year..but are praying for God's comfort and for Him to continue to work, as He has in the past.
Summary: God is good! I made plenty of mistakes last year...but God is faithful to forgive. I want to live faithfully to Him this next year, and have a goal of ministering to others as much as I can! I can't wait to see what He will do!
No comments:
Post a Comment