Dear baby boy....
The thoughts and emotions that come to the surface when I think of your upcoming arrival are immense. I am so excited to meet you. I already love you so much. I can't wait to hold you in my arms..to kiss your face. And even though we might not have "planned" your arrival... God did, and I am so thankful for that.
A few days ago, I read you Psalm 139 for the first time. I'm sure I will read it to you many more times to come, but it made start crying uncontrollably as I thought about your life... how it's in God's hand. " Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. " This verse is so precious to me...as it reminds me that your life is completely in God's hand. God is giving you to us to raise, take care of, nurture, protect and teach about Him...but ultimately, you are not ours.. you are His. It's a huge responsibility for us...one that I don't take lightly. I know that your life will not be easy all the time - for you or for us. The day of your birth will mark incredible joy and excitement - but it will also begin a life that is sure to be filled with uncertainty, sorrow and heartache. I have no idea what those situations will be...but I am praying that God will give us the grace to be a shining light for Him through each one of them..and that you will come to know and love the Lord with all your heart.
I love you so much. I can't wait to meet you. I am praying for you.
Love,
your mommy...
No comments:
Post a Comment