I have deliberately avoided creating a blog so far in my life, because I know that I would write too much too often and use time that I don't have..BUT..alas..I started one anyways! :) Actually, I thought this would be a better way than facebook to keep 'long-distance' friends updated on what's going on, and reflect the journey of my walk with Christ and my soon to be married life! And so the reflection begins...
So..my job is pretty boring.. I sit alot...answer the phone when it rings...think alot...and file papers occasionally..(oh and schoolwork??) but probably the most exciting thing that's happened all week just happened while I was typing the above paragraph...okay, maybe exciting is not the right word. 'Amusing' might be more appropriate. Anyways, one of my co-workers came up to me with an absolutely horrified look on her face .. and asked me if i had been in the women's restroom..I am 1 of the 3 female employees, so naturally, I got a little nervous when she asked me that..because the first thing I thought was..what did I do, forget to flush?? haha.. anyways, I followed her to the restroom, and she slowly opened the door. Sitting there, right next to the toilet, was a mouse - still alive and moving - caught in a glue trap! Gross!!! We had one of the guys come and take care of it..but yeah, I wasn't as much horrified as I was amused by my co-worker and her reaction..it kind of made my day (as mean as that sounds), because she is the most girly, vain, dramatic lady I know that is over the age of 60..and to have her find it... yeah it made me laugh..
ohh well.....
On a more serious note, I have been so challenged and humbled to see the 'nastiness' of my heart show itself many times this week. I have hurt people with my words, my actions and hurt my Savior with my attitude and my never-ending sin. Ugh, I hate it! Yet I'm thankful that my Savior continues to pursue my heart, convict me and forgive me! I have been truly humbled (and horrified!) to realize how much my attitude and heart are similar to that of the children of Isreal. God brought them out of slavery - led them and protected them in obvious ways, fed them daily and did miracles right in front of their eyes. Yet they complained. They doubted. They turned from God, when He was right in front of their eyes - guiding them. All they had to do was follow Him, trust Him and rest in the fact that He was taking them somewhere better..but they didn't. And I am the same way. Except worse. I have Jesus - the risen Christ - who has given me His Word, His promises, His instruction. I can read how God was faithful to His children and took care of them, I have the Holy Spirit in my heart. And yet I doubt, and complain...I don't trust Him like I should. I ignore Him and His Word some days, and choose to focus on myself and worry about how things will end up. He has provided, led me, SAVED me from death, given me more blessings than I can even count..and yet I still complain about where He's put me, I am discontent, I get discouraged and overwhelmed, and I choose not to turn to Him. What a challenge! Yet what an opportunity to grow.. to change. Praise God that His mercies are new every morning, that His steadfast love never ceases..and that He ever forgives. What an amazing thought that when God looks at me, He doesn't see my sin - He sees Christ's righteousness imputed in my behalf...
"When Satan tempts me to despair, and tells me of the guilt within - upward I look and see Him there, who made an end of all my sin. Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free. For God, the just, is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me. "
No comments:
Post a Comment